10+ Benefits of Digital Marketing
Benefits of Digital Marketing – The Impact of Digital Marketing is increasing constantly. If you want some competitive advantages then you should opt for digital marketing. From home business to online business, digital has become an integral element of it, to boost the sales.
If someone chooses Digital Marketing then one questions is normally arises in his or her mind.
Table of Contents
“Is Digital Marketing really work for their business or it is fake?”
According to report released by Adobe in July, Answer released is Yes, if…..
But here this “if” play a critical role,
As if you want Digital marketing work for your business then you have to firstly take proper decisions which make your business.
So firstly we should understand “How Digital Marketing works?” in actual. There are many several ways of using Digital Marketing to bring out the best results. There are so many effective ways to use it which involves many advertising mediums and tools that you can use according to your business needs to achieve the most desired results.
All you need to choose the best advertising medium which perfectly suits you and your business needs
So what the next question arises
Digital marketing is much more than getting an. It is about creating a web presence for your business and to enable users to find you easily.
- Global reach – a website allows you to find new markets and trade globally for only a small investment.
- Lower cost – a properly planned and effectively targeted digital marketing campaign can reach the right customers at a much lower cost than traditional marketing methods.
- Trackable, measurable results – measuring your online marketing with web analytics and other online metric tools makes it easier to establish how effective your campaign has been. You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or respond to your advertising.
- Personalisation – if your customer database is linked to your website, then whenever someone visits the site, you can greet them with targeted offers. The more they buy from you, the more you can refine your customer profile and market effectively to them.
- Openness – by getting involved with social networking and managing it carefully, you can build customer loyalty and create a reputation for being easy to engage with.
- Social currency – digital marketing lets you create engaging campaigns using different types of rich media. On the internet these campaigns can gain social currency – being passed from user to user and becoming viral.
- Improved conversion rates – if you have a website, then your customers are only ever a few clicks away from completing a purchase. Unlike other media which require people to get up and make a phone call, or go to a shop, digital marketing can be seamless and immediate.
I hope these information will help you to understand the advantages of digital marketing.
“How to choose the best advertising medium and whether that benefits you or not?”
Although Digital Marketing is widespread and clients were always confused regarding what decision they should take, which medium they choose, how to select best strategy for their business which suit very well because every client requirements vary from each other, therefore campaigns are generally tailored with this in mind.
Here are the some advertising mediums you can choose according to your business requirements it might be on the basis of nature, growth, structure or product on which you are dealing.
1. Search Engine optimization (SEO): SEO is a highly effective medium for all types of business across all industries. Now a days SEO is the most option in marketing which any business can opt whether it is online or offline.
SEO can work for any business type but it take time which depend on state of website.
Investment in SEO will help you in securing ROI (Return on Investment) whether in short, medium or long term.
Business those struggled for positive return on investment can get a relief through internet marketing.
Businesses invest in SEO without determining factors related to it, as they know they get benefit from it in future for their website as prominence for its service, product or information coverage.
Investment in SEO will lead to higher returns.
If your SEO campaign is already running and they may have Black or grey hat SEO then Digital Marketing will not work for your business.
2. Pay Per Click (PPC): PPC is highly recommended for those who want to target audience through geo targeting, on the basis of interest, remarketing and many more.
It has many features like you can get results over a short period of time and also it provide effectiveness.
- Under PPC, you have the advantage in which you can control cost at any point of time.
- PPC can be used along SEO for rank in page 1 of Google for selected phrases.
- Pay per click is also highly measurable from a return on investment perspective
- Using an array of tools and tracking features it is possible to isolate key revenue generating terms, ads and ad groups and tailor them to maximize the benefit and return on investment.
3. Social Media Optimization (SMO): Social Media Optimization involve using different social media platforms on internet which can be helpful in publicity and awareness of the product or service. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ these are various social media platforms which normally used by the organization for promoting their brands and aware their target audience from their products.
In Social media different platforms were available which provide opportunity to business to create their stronger web presence. It makes users aware from products by creating their space over World Wide Web.
With Social Media you can reach your potential customers across worldwide and without spending extra investment your potential leads converted into customer.
Connected with Customer
You can get in touch with your customers and understand their tastes and choices easily and provide them better outputs to them through social media..
4. Social Media Marketing (SMM): Social Media is immerging for businesses through which information about products ,services, brands, offer, deals and many more are spread through social platforms.
It allows you to interact with your customers and understand them.
You can increase your brand awareness, as it is cost effective method through which your business visibility will increase.
By following proper social media strategy you can increase your brand recognition and can engage with your target audience.
Through social media your search engine ranking can also be increased as it drive more traffic to your site.
The purpose of choosing the effective advertising medium is to utilize strategy which involves low cost and risk and provide high Return on investment (ROI) to you.
Parameters should be noted
Here’s a quick rundown of how the report claims these organizations are creating digital marketing that gets results:
Investing in people, processes and tools
Keeping the customer first by adapting to their needs and behavior
Integrating mobile devices into every strategy they create
Using analytics to refine strategy and create a competitive edge
Looking ahead, not just reacting to industry leaders
This isn’t the first time strategies like these have shown up as recommendations for the digital marketing landscape, but they highlight realities that are slowly becoming clear to a small but growing number of organizations.
Things should be Consider:
The essentials things which are should be kept in mind before going online.
1. Website: Website is very first need Digital Marketing that business should have. And your website should be mobile friendly which can be easily operate by users.
Website should be simple to understand and leave a strong impact on the user.
2. Landing page: For any web page, landing page is must which is designed for visitors so that they take specific action.
3. New Updates: You must constantly update your site and on a regular basis. As Adding new information in it benefited to your business
4. Content: Your website must contain good content which follow the rules and guidelines of Google. Your target keyword must be added in your content which help search engine in picking up your content.
5. Marketing your website: You can promote your website through ads on social networking sites or through sharing which create more awareness and publicity of your business.
They also contrast sharply with what isn’t working…occasional instead of ongoing digital efforts, throwing stuff online without a plan, pursuing inconsistent strategies, spending time without investing resources, failing to measure results, and many other half-hearted practices that remain all too common.
Basic and important things should remember before taking Digital marketing services:
1. Have clear goals: One of the common mistake done by us is that we don’t have our goals clear. We have to first make our goals clear in our mind (like calls, sign ups, sale or any other) and after considering our goals we should start our campaign.
2. Know our audience: If you are creating effective strategy and all things have been setup, but you don’t know who your target audience is then all your efforts were of no use.
3. Customer Centric mindset: Conversion is the main part if we can’t convert them, then all the efforts done upwards are useless. You must know what your customer want from us, so that we provide value to them.
4. Mobile friendly: Mobile is Becoming an integral part of everyone life. As among all, 62% of the digital media time is spend through mobile. And you should make sure that your website should be mobile friendly.
Digital marketing is made up of a number of ‘strategies’ – each of them serves a different purpose, although the end goal is the same – driving valuable, relevant traffic to your site and helping convert one-time visitors into repeat, paying customers.
Underlying all of the data is a reminder that digital marketing isn’t an instant-win game. It’s an ongoing process that increases in value over time. This remains a daunting thought for those who are just getting started, but the results are well worth the investment.
Advantages of Digital Marketing
1. Level playing field: Any business can compete with any competitor regardless of size with a solid digital marketing strategy. Traditionally a smaller retailer would struggle to match the finesse of the fixtures and fittings of its larger competitors. Online, a crisp well thought out site with a smooth customer journey and fantastic service is king – not size.
2. Reduced cost: Your business can develop its online marketing strategy for very little cost and can potentially replace costly advertising channels.
3. Simple to measure: Unlike traditional methods you can see in real time what is or is not working for your business online and you can adapt very quickly to improve your results. For measuring traffic to your site you can use Google Analytics to measure specific goals you want to achieve for your website or blog and most packaged email marketing solutions provide good insight into how many people are opening, reading and converting from your emails.
4. Real time results: you don’t have to wait weeks for a boost to your business like you would have to waiting for a fax or form to be returned. You can see the numbers of visitors to your site and its subscribers increase, peak trading times, conversion rates and much more at the touch of a button.
5. Refinement of your strategy: Basically anything that you capture in your customer journey can be reported on and honed for greater success at the fraction of the cost of traditional marketing. After all, how annoying is it to get a couple of forms returned from a mailshot. Marketing online enables you to refine your strategy at any point in time and see any improvements or opportunities for further refinement almost instantaneously.
6. Brand Development: A well maintained website with quality content targeting the needs and adding value to your target audience can provide significant value and lead generation opportunities. The same can be said for utilising social media channels and personalised email marketing.
7. Far greater exposure: your business can be seen anywhere in the world from one marketing campaign, the cost to do this using traditional methods would be considerable. Plus once you have optimised the key word search content in your website you should see a long-term return on your investment and will be fairly low cost to maintain your ranking.
8. Viral: how often do your sales flyers get passed around instantly by your customers and prospects? Online, using social media share buttons on your website, email and social media channels enables your message to be shared incredibly quickly, just look how effective it is for sharing breaking news. However a word of caution, bad news can travel much quicker so make sure you have a risk management strategy to tackle negative press as soon as it is circulated.
9. Not Intrusive: I know most people hate receiving sales mailshots or phone calls at inconvenient times on stuff that they have little interest in. Online people get the choice to opt in or out of communications and often it is relevant because they were the ones searching for it in the first place. Also, have you ever got frustrated receiving a regular email on a topic that interests and adds value to you? Nor me so don’t underestimate the power of market segmentation and tailored marketing.
10. Greater engagement: With digital marketing you can encourage your prospects, clients and followers to take action, visit your website, read about your products and services, rate them buy them and provide feedback which is visible to your market. So it doesn’t take long for good publicity to enhance the prospects of your business.