Top 10 Reasons to Choose Digital Marketing as a Career
Top 10 Reasons to Choose Digital Marketing as a Career – As the internet and electronic devices become increasingly important in our lives, the need for digital marketing increases. Businesses are using digital more than ever, and opportunities in the sector are excellent.
It has huge potential for anyone who is considering a career in the industry, and it is never too soon to start preparing for your future career.
Here are 10 main reasons helping students and professionals to fix their dilemma and be confident while choosing career in Digital Marketing. Find the answers to your confusions and pick Digital Marketing in India as a lucrative career option.
Table of Contents
Recession Proof Career option:
Many professionals have seen a worst phase in their lives by getting jobs sacked suddenly in recession. The biggest benefit of Digital Marketing industry is that it is recession proof since it caters to the marketing needs of businesses from all verticals.
Digital Marketing professionals are high in demand and there are two reasons, first it is emerging and have not produced enough professionals to meet the demands second all industry verticals require digital marketing strategies. Experts say there will be 1.5 lakh digital marketing job openings by 2016. Hence, it is doubtlessly fruitful to step into the career avenue where demand exceeds supply.
High Paid Designations
A trained Digital Marketing entrant can easily earn Rs. 15,000 to 18,000 per month. Seniors in the industry also get high paid jobs very easily with remuneration of Rs. 3 lakh to 10 lakh per annum with just 2 to 5 years of experience as the results shown on Naukri.com. The median of the salary of Digital Marketing Managers in Gurgaon is Rs. 600,000 per annum
Open for candidates from all professional backgrounds
Candidates from any stream can be the part of Digital Marketing anytime during their academic journey as it does not require any particular academic education unlike medical and engineering fields where students have to choose their stream and subjects from the beginning. Whether you are a B.Tech or MBA passed out fresher, you can try your luck in Digital Marketing
Dynamic in Nature
The industry is dynamic as it combines both technical and creative aspects. Fast changing technologies in web and mobile which are integral part of digital marketing make it highly dynamic. Professionals need to learn and apply the latest trends in online marketing to outsmart competitors. Social butterflies and those having the capability to think out of the box are apt for Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing is Challenging & Unpredictable
Digital marketing is not for everyone. Some people cannot handle the ups and downs that comes with marketing. If you start a new campaign, it is never a proper marketing campaign from the beginning. It’s just an experiment. It could work or it could fail.
If you find out what works, then you can scale it up. Only through experimentation, one can find out what works and what doesn’t.
The work of a digital marketer is not predictable. You cannot expect to finish your work in a certain period of time. One month could go on without any results.
It is that one campaign that succeeds and you have to wait patiently for it. You have to keep experimenting until you get that one successful marketing campaign that can scale.
There is a talent gap in digital marketing. Organizations are not finding employees with the skills they are looking for. This leaves the door open for those willing to acquire the skills needed to be recognized and move up the career ladder.
If you’re considering an internet marketing program, make sure they cover these essential skills.
- Analytics – We have the tools to measure clicks, conversions and impressions. Test, check the results, make changes and test again.
- Social media – Needed to build a following for your brand. You need to be found to matter.
- Mobile marketing – How often are you using your phone? Responsive design and user experience are hot topics.
- Content marketing – You need content to share. This involves ideation, planning, producing and scheduling.
- Email marketing – Requires IT and data management as well as copywriting and design. Successful email marketing is an art and a science.
- Digital marketing includes multiple areas of specialization:
- Customer service and business development
- Social and search
- Media planning
Whether you are building a website, writing a blog or formulating a digital marketing strategy, creativity is necessary. Digital marketing includes writing, art, graphics, ideas and strategy. It’s a chance to think outside the box and find your voice.
10). Job Growth
Digital marketing is a vital part of any marketing plan. Jobs are being created that will be added to the key roles in marketing departments and agencies.
Job titles include:
- SEO Executive – SEO is unpaid method of improving the ranking of web pages and their visibility on various search engines such as Google, Yahoo etc.
- PPC Executive – PPC is method of increasing the visibility of webpages is through sponsored placements and advertising.
- Email Marketing Executive – Email marketing is important to engage your customers and leads with your brand, many organizations send newsletters, email campaigns, autoresponders to its subscribers in order to keep them updated with new products/services added or anything worth sharing .
- Social Media Marketing Executive – Social Media Marketing is gaining a lot of popularity with social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and others. A good Digital Marketer should know the power of social media to marketing the brand image of the company.
- Mobile Marketing Executive – Mobile marketing provides instant updates, promo offers and information of customers’ interests.More and more people are going mobile. Smartphones have become very trendy among all age groups. A person needs to be a mobile freak to get into mobile marketing.
- E-commerce Executive – E-commerce, also known as online shopping .Consumers can find a wider variety of goods, often at more competitive prices.E Commerce refers to the buying and selling of goods and services via electronic channels, primarily the Internet.
- Content Marketing Executive – content is king in today’s marketingContent marketing’s purpose is to attract and retain customers .Content marketing is any marketing that involves the creation and sharing of media and publishing content in order to acquire and retain customers.
- Affiliate Marketing Executive – Affiliate marketing is frequently overlooked by advertisers.Affiliate marketing at its very core is about relationships, a relationship between three parties
- Display Advertising Executive – Display advertising is a type of online advertising that comes in several forms, including banner ads, rich media and more.The main purpose of display advertising is to deliver general advertisements and brand messages to site visitors.
- Digital Marketing can work wonders for your future prospects. If you want to compete with this dynamic world, then CIIM can help you Create something different from others, which you can tag as something your own. Contact us to know more about our Digital marketing training services.
CIIM – Chandigarh Institute of Internet Marketing
SCO 54-55, 3RD, FLOOR, SECTOR 34-A, Chandigarh
email@example.com, Mobile: 9878375376