How to find Expensive Google Keyword Niches for your Business
How to find Expensive Google Keyword Niches for your Business – Asking yourself, Should I use AdWords? If you are in an industry paying big bucks for the most expensive Google AdWords key words, you will want to make sure you are implementing pay per click marketing best practices. Here are a few to keep in mind:
- Quality Score: High AdWords Quality Scores can lower your CPC and help you pay less for the most successful keywords. Tools like the Keyword Niche Finder provide you with the ability to divide large keyword lists into smaller, more segmented lists that you can easily write targeted ad text for, resulting in improved Quality Scores and better keyword rankings.
- Be Specific: Target specific, 3-5 word keywords. You can use a Google AdWords keyword tool to come up with specific keyword ideas, both broad and long tail keywords.
- Use Negative Keywords: Use a negative keyword tool to find keywords you do not want to show up for. Irrelevant keywords result in costly clicks that will never drive conversions, and when bidding on the most expensive keywords at $50 per click, negative keywords are absolutely essential.
- Focus on Relevancy
- Landing Page Optimization: While most AdWords conversion rates stay around 2%, we will often see landing pages convert at 20% or even 30%. The key to landing page optimization is to continuously try out different types of offers and test how people respond to them.
Want to learn Google AdWords? CIIM has the educational resources, tools, and PPC management software your businesses needs for success.
Table of Contents
How Does Google Make Its Revenues?
Many people are surprised to find out that Google makes 97% of their revenue from online pay-per-click advertising. We decided to dig in and break apart exactly which keywords makes Google the most money.
How Was the Data for the Most Expensive Keywords Study Compiled?
For the Most Expensive Keywords Infographic, we compiled data from our own large keyword database and the Google Keyword Tool to determine the top 10,000 most expensive English-language keywords over a 90-day period.
We then organized the grand total keyword list into categories by theme, such as “Credit,” or “Insurance.” The largest keyword categories were determined by weighting the number of keywords in each category, as well the estimated monthly search volume and average CPC for each keyword.
Why is Quality Score Important For Bidding on Competitive Keywords?
Quality Score is key for using AdWords effectively and getting the most out of your advertising budget. When bidding on competitive keywords, Quality Score is especially crucial because High Quality Scores can help you lower your average cost-per-click.
If you’re concerned about your Quality Score, try running the free AdWords Grader, a free tool that helps advertisers evaluate their PPC campaigns based on important metrics like Quality Score. If you score low, Quality Score can be improved by writing more targeted ad text and landing pages.
Why are Negative Keywords Helpful When Bidding on Expensive Keyword Categories?
Negative Keywords help you eliminate unwanted queries from triggering your ads. A negative keyword tool can be used to help figure out what kinds of keywords you’re likely to be matched against and weed out keyword phrases that aren’t relevant, helping prevent wasted spend.
Why is Landing Page Optimization Important When Bidding on Expensive Keywords?
Well-optimized landing pages can have conversion rates as high as 20% or even 30%. The key to landing page optimization is trying out different types of offers, testing them, and seeing how people respond.
Why is it Important to be Specific When Bidding on Expensive Keywords?
Targeting more specific keywords ensures that you only pay for keywords that are relevant to your business. Target specific, 3-5 word keywords. Implementing a keyword tool can help you generate specific keyword ideas, just make sure you are only paying for keywords that are specific to your business.
Are There Any Other Industry Studies About the Most Expensive Google Keywords?
Yes, we’ve done several other studies in different quarters about Google’s earnings. Check out our:
- Breaking Down Google’s 2011 Revenues
- Our follow up to this study, Where’s Mesothelioma, What is Cord Blood, & Other FAQs
What is the Minimum Bid Per Keyword in Google AdWords?
The minimum bid per keyword is 5 cents.
What is the Most Money Google Can Make For Each Click?
Google can make up to $50 per click from PPC keyword bids
What is the Most Expensive Keyword Category?
Insurance keywords are by far the most expensive. The Google AdWords keyword categories with the highest volumes and costs, such as the “insurance” category, represent businesses with very high lifetime customer value – in other words, industries like these are willing to pay a lot to acquire a new customer because the long term pay out in so beneficial.