30 Top advantages of Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing allows you to reach a broader, more engaged and targeted audience fast than traditional marketing and is more cost effective. With digital marketing you’re speaking to a specific audience and really test things and iterate quickly. So if one ad doesn’t work you can try variations of it and track progress. It adds a lot more science and tracking to marketing as well as allows companies to be more relational in their marketing efforts.
1) Targeting a large amount of people at once – People tend to be online for most part of the day which makes brands to easily target their product to a large audience. N number of likes and shares/retweets can be received if your campaign is engaging with the desired audience.
2) Cost Reduction – Marketing your product online organically is totally free. If a good marketing strategy is adapted, it can reach enormous amount of people for free. Also, pay per click advertising can be carried out and brands will spend money only if an individual clicks on the ad. This helps to market the product with very little cost.
3) Simply Tracking Traffic – The number of people coming on your website can be tracked easily with the help of various tools. This will help brands know if people are really interested in their marketing strategy and product.
4) Real time engagement with Customers – As your product is being marketed online, customers tend to give product reviews and feedback for the service they receive. It is a great way to engage with the customers by thanking them for the good reviews and solving problems in case they have any queries.
5) Higher Revenues – As your product will reach a huge amount of people, it will lead for more people to use your product/service, leading to a great increase in revenues.
Consumer Behavior is Trending Towards Digital – Newspaper readership is in decline. Yellow pages are almost non-existent. Customers are spending more time online and on mobile, therefore more of your marketing efforts should be digital too.
Low Barrier to Entry – Accessible to small businesses. Unlike traditional methods like television and outdoor advertising which requires significant budget; digital marketing can be implemented by any size organization.
Measurable – Able to measure how effective marketing tactics are at achieving objectives. Although not foolproof (no method of measurement is foolproof), much more credible than traditional media metrics.
Cost Effective – Not all digital marketing tactics require significant budget. As an example social media marketing & content marketing doesn’t require budget just creativity and consistency.
Advantages of Digital Marketing
1. Level playing field: Any business can compete with any competitor regardless of size with a solid digital marketing strategy. Traditionally a smaller retailer would struggle to match the finesse of the fixtures and fittings of its larger competitors. Online, a crisp well thought out site with a smooth customer journey and fantastic service is king – not size.
2. Reduced cost: Your business can develop its online marketing strategy for very little cost and can potentially replace costly advertising channels.
3. Simple to measure: Unlike traditional methods you can see in real time what is or is not working for your business online and you can adapt very quickly to improve your results. For measuring traffic to your site you can use Google Analytics to measure specific goals you want to achieve for your website or blog and most packaged email marketing solutions provide good insight into how many people are opening, reading and converting from your emails.
4. Real time results: you don’t have to wait weeks for a boost to your business like you would have to waiting for a fax or form to be returned. You can see the numbers of visitors to your site and its subscribers increase, peak trading times, conversion rates and much more at the touch of a button.
5. Refinement of your strategy: Basically anything that you capture in your customer journey can be reported on and honed for greater success at the fraction of the cost of traditional marketing. After all, how annoying is it to get a couple of forms returned from a mailshot. Marketing online enables you to refine your strategy at any point in time and see any improvements or opportunities for further refinement almost instantaneously.
6. Brand Development: A well maintained website with quality content targeting the needs and adding value to your target audience can provide significant value and lead generation opportunities. The same can be said for utilising social media channels and personalised email marketing.
7. Far greater exposure: your business can be seen anywhere in the world from one marketing campaign, the cost to do this using traditional methods would be considerable. Plus once you have optimised the key word search content in your website you should see a long-term return on your investment and will be fairly low cost to maintain your ranking.
8. Viral: how often do your sales flyers get passed around instantly by your customers and prospects? Online, using social media share buttons on your website, email and social media channels enables your message to be shared incredibly quickly, just look how effective it is for sharing breaking news. However a word of caution, bad news can travel much quicker so make sure you have a risk management strategy to tackle negative press as soon as it is circulated.
9. Not Intrusive: I know most people hate receiving sales mailshots or phone calls at inconvenient times on stuff that they have little interest in. Online people get the choice to opt in or out of communications and often it is relevant because they were the ones searching for it in the first place. Also, have you ever got frustrated receiving a regular email on a topic that interests and adds value to you? Nor me so don’t underestimate the power of market segmentation and tailored marketing.
10. Greater engagement: With digital marketing you can encourage your prospects, clients and followers to take action, visit your website, read about your products and services, rate them buy them and provide feedback which is visible to your market. So it doesn’t take long for good publicity to enhance the prospects of your business.
There are many advantages of digital marketing, including:
1. It’s more affordable to deploy than traditional marketing and advertising
2. Digital marketing goes from planning to execution more quickly.
3. Digital marketing gives fans/viewers/readers a chance to share your content.
4. Digital marketing campaigns are easier to attach to other campaigns.
5. Digital marketing campaigns have longer shelf lives.
6. It’s easier to change or stop a digital marketing campaign after it starts.
7. Digital marketing gives the brand more time and space to tell its story.