How Show ad on YouTube?
If you’d like your ads to benefit from the hundreds of millions of views on YouTube, we can help! You can currently target any ad format — image, video, and text — to different placements on the YouTube site, as well as specific content categories like Science & Technology or Education. You can also exclude specific content on the YouTube site from appearing with your ads.
Table of Contents
If you’re interested in using video formats specifically designed for reaching viewers on YouTube plus the greater Google Display Network, you can create a video ad with the AdWords for video campaign manager.
Try it out at https://adwords.google.com/video or read our help articles to learn more. You can also check out this AdWords for video overview (English only).
Targeting categories, channels, and pages on YouTube with managed placements
To add YouTube as a managed placement:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Campaigns tab at the top.
- Go to your Display Network tab and click + Targeting, which is located above the graph.
- Select an ad group.
- Click the “Add targeting” drop-down menu and select “Placements.”
- Type youtube.com in the text box. Click Search and then the double arrows » to add this placement.
- Click Close and then Save.
We understand that your content may not fit exactly into an existing YouTube content category. In these cases, try to pick the most likely match. For example, you may create an ad for budget student travel while your site is geared toward a money-saving lifestyle for students in general. Targeting your ad to the Travel & Events category would still be relevant to customers visiting YouTube.
Creating exclusions for your YouTube-targeted campaign
You can use YouTube video and channel exclusions to control where and when your ads appear by enabling not only the exclusion of channel pages but also individual video content.
- We recommend that you use exclusions reactively. It’s useful if you’re trying to optimize a campaign by excluding certain video or channel content that doesn’t convert well for you. This feature can also be used to ensure your ads appear with brand-appropriate content.
- This feature is available in all countries wherever advertisers can serve ads on YouTube. However, you’ll need to set up your campaigns by country.