Why MBA students should take up digital marketing – A Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) is an achievement in itself. However, even an MBA degree in today’s world isn’t a guarantee to well-paying, respectable job opportunities – simply because times have changed, while we are still stuck with conventional degrees, learning methods and mindset. It is high time that we reflected on the fast changing world of technology and marketing, or else we too shall become a victim of unemployment, financial stress and overall poor quality of life.
Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing
Before heading on to the benefits of taking up a digital marketing course as an MBA, let’s first take a look at the major differences between the modes of the two models.
- Print media (newspapers, brochures, pamphlets, magazine ads, etc.)
- Broadcast media (TV commercials, Radio ads)
- Direct mail (post cards, product catalogues, calendars, greeting mails)
- Telemarketing (Cold calling, promotional SMS)
- Websites and blogs
- Social media ads
- Google ads
- Banner ads
- Video Marketing
Now, as an MBA, it is imperative for you to know how digital marketing is superior to the traditional form of marketing:
- Cost effective – Advertisers who have a low budget find it hard to turn to TV or magazine ads. As a result, they resort to digital ads such Google ads and other social media ads