DIGITAL MARKETING: THE FUTURE
Digital marketing is a term used for the merchandising of the products or brands using technology, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones. The Internet is the most closely associated with digital marketing. It also can be defined as the promotion of products or brands using electronic media. Digital marketing’s development since the early 2000s has changed the way brands and businesses use technology for marketing. Digital platforms are increasingly used in marketing plans and everyday life, and as people use digital devices instead of visiting physical shops, digital marketing campaigns are becoming more effective and efficient.
Why is Digital Marketing Important?
Digital media is so ubiquitous that consumers have access to information anytime and any place they want it. Digital media is the fastest growing source of entertainment, news, shopping and social interaction, and consumers are now exposed not just to what your company says about your brand, but what the media, friends, peers, etc., are saying as well. And they are more likely to believe them than you. People want brands they can trust, companies that know them.
Digital marketing techniques such as search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, content marketing, campaign marketing, and e-commerce marketing, social media marketing, social media optimization, e-mail direct marketing, display advertising, e–books, and optical disks and games are becoming more common in our advancing technology.
LATEST TRENDS IN DIGITAL MARKETING
In this article, we’ll take an in-depth look at as most significant trends in digital marketing for the year ahead. Machine learning and artificial intelligence is the biggest trend in marketing right now. Marketing is a field dominated by those with the vision of tomorrow to plan ahead, anticipate changes. One should be aware of their existence if one wants to continue being competitive in the industry.
1. The Rise of Augmented Reality: –
Pokémon Go was the fine example as it did earn of a $10 million in a day during its peak. It’s now the thing of past and the craze of Pokémon Go has largely died down, but the app has had two main effects on the online marketing community; one, it’s shown that users are ready for augmented reality (AR) experiences, and two, it’s given marketers a taste of the huge earning potential here.
2. More live Video: – the Live video has become the internet’s favorite new toy. Now, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Snapchat have all released live video services as well.
Many of these networks are promoting their live video quite heavily, and it’s something that will stand out in the saturated world of content, so I can see plenty of reasons why brands would want to get involved.
3. The domination Of Video Ads: –Although video advertisements are the things of the past, the news of the google entering in SERP video advertising will change the whole spectrum of the video advertising.
4. Mobile will take over desktop: –
All the websites are now optimized for mobile. The pervasive presence of mobile devices and downfall of the desktop traffic clearly indicates that the smart money has been directly proportional to the mobiles.
Mobile optimization is going to be a top priority for digital marketers
5. The Power of Social Media: –
Social media will work as new conversion channels and offer tools to convert prospects directly into buyers.
6. Online Advertising will be expensive: –
There has been tremendous growth in digital marketing, every organization uses digital marketing techniques to promote their brand. As the demand rises for top spots, the price of advertising will also increase.
7. After Google announced that pop-ups will soon be penalized in search, autoplay videos are annoying and irritating as hell, they make me instantly close the browser and shut my laptop. They need to stop.
8. Change in search Algorithm: –
Like it or not, the search algorithms will change. With enormous information being added to the internet, the search engine giants will keep on updating their algorithms to decide which content should get a higher rank and which should not.
9. Year of Wearable Technology: – Apple iwatch, Google Glass, Moto 360, and other similar smart devices that can be worn and keep you connected with the digital world.
The year 2017 will see more of such smart devices and innovations in wearable technology that will change the landscape of local marketing. Digital marketers will focus on the potential of wearable technology that can diminish the difference between “online” marketing and “real” marketing.
10. Unique and High Content will be the key: –
Content is The King in the digital marketing world and it will remain as such. Also, there will be a huge demand for niche-based writers who possess knowledge and expertise in their specialized field.
11. Proper apps will find their way: – Google has offered app indexing which will certainly help to have a dedicated app in the future. Although we’re still years away from apps completely replacing websites, business owners are realizing their potential, and 2017 will be a pivotal year in mobile app development.
12. The Expansion of Data Visualization Tools: – As marketers, data is our breath of fresh air. We need information to tell us who’s buying what, when, why, and what messaging is most effective for them. But even data analysts are facing problems understanding exactly what the data is saying; our brains weren’t made to process enormous amounts of raw numerical data. Now, technology is finally catching up to the “interpretation” part of data analysis; there are dozens of data visualization tools on the market already, but in 2017, every business is going to want to start using them – the ones who don’t will be left at a significant disadvantage. The technology will be more sophisticated, and data analysis needs will be greater than ever.