Future of digital marketing in India? – Digital Marketing is a booming career option today in India. With striking features like cost-effectiveness, instant response, flexibility, convenience, effectiveness, Digital Marketing is making a strong impact in the world of Marketing and Advertising. The future scope of the Digital Marketing industry is that there will be more points of contact.
Right from the day of assuming power, Digital India and Make in India have been two big USPs of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Growth of Internet Users
What is Digital Marketing?
It’s easy, simple and less costly than traditional marketing and is much more effective since you can reach others through a convenient channel in their mobiles and hand-held devices. With change in technology.
Digital Marketing Trends to watch in 2020-21
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning is transforming the way business run today
- Voice Search, Voice Assistance like Amazon Alexa, Google Home is growing at a rapid phase
- Voice shopping is changing the way we shop: Imagine ordering a product without seeing it. It’s unbelievable.
- Technical skills are one of the most wanted skills for Digital marketing
- Recently Google announced major changes to its advertising platform. Google Ads now adds AI artificial intelligence to its ad platform
- We are living in a mobile-first to the mobile-only world, where people expect your websites to load faster and they want information whenever and wherever they are. AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) project from Google designed to make really fast mobile pages
- Voice assistants like Alexa, Google Home, Cortana. Alexa skills, Google Actions are part of Digital Marketing
- Customer Centric Approach, Customer-centric marketing backed with Data/Insights will help understand the customers better
- Social Media is already part of our day to day life
- User experience, the design is something every marketer should know
- Personalized Searches will dominate as our mobile, assistance are all integrated with our personal devices. Every experience to be tailored just for them. Mobile searches for “——– for me” has grown over 60 % in the last 2 years:
- Content is the core of digital marketer in 2018, and moving forward Customized Personalized Content will dominate
Growth of Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing Industry is worth $68 billion! Also, according to eMarketer, Last year, advertising via mobile phones and tablets rose 200 percent, to $6 billion. This market is estimated to touch $7.8 billion soon. This rise is leading for high demand for professionals skilled in Digital Marketing.
While all other industries are struggling with a growth rate of 5 to 10 %, digital media industry is booming high with 40% growth rate. But the most remarkable point is that this growth rate is not going to be stagnant in the coming years.
Scope of Digital Marketing in India
If you asking from the career aspect or from the sales aspect, the answer is YES (We are biased, please check naukri’s data or econsultancy data, it will say the same). Check the ad shows, it is shifting more towards Digital Marketing Ideas. It is not a replaced for TV or Radio, neither it is replaced for print medium. It is a different medium available for marketers.
The major shift in Digital Marketing Scope:
- From anonymity to identity: Now people are on web with full identity, this is enabling businesses to interact with more data, better targeting.
- From Information to entertainment