With AdWords for video, you can advertise video ads on YouTube and across the web. You decide where and when your video ads show up and who sees them. To get started, you can use your existing YouTube video or create a new one using one of the TrueView formats.
Benefits of advertising with AdWords for video
Using AdWords for video, you can:
- Tell your story. You’re the expert of your business. Share your expertise with the world. Be personal. Put the camera on yourself and explain how your product or service can benefit your audience. Get inspired byAdWords for video success stories.
- Reach just the right audience. Every month, more than one billion people visit YouTube and watch over six billion hours of YouTube videos. With AdWords for video, you pay only when people interested in your business choose to view your ads. Reach your customers by topic, by keywords, or by demographics like ‘women under 35.’
- Create a video campaign in only a few minutes. Create your account, create or upload your video ad, reach your audience, and you’re on your way to reaching your audience.
- Measure your success. Figure out if you’re reaching the right audience. Check your AdWords account to track views, clicks, costs, and budget details. Then visit the Analytics tab in your YouTube account to learn more about your viewers. For example, you can tell which videos your customers are watching and for how long.
To build your AdWords for video campaign, you’ll need to:
- Begin setting up your new campaign.
- Create your video ad formats.
- Define your targeting settings.
- You can make several different types of video ads in AdWords with two different tools: AdWords for video, and the Ad gallery. Learn the difference between the two.
- Before you make your video ads, you may want to spend a little time exploring the best practices forcreating effective video ads. This can help you get the best performance out of your ads right from the start.
- Link your YouTube account to AdWords: To take full advantage of AdWords for video reporting metrics within your account in the future, we recommend that you link your YouTube and AdWords accounts. ClickLink your YouTube account from the AdWords for video side navigation menu on any AdWords for video campaign page. You can also link more than one YouTube account.
To create a video ad campaign, you’ll need to build the basics of your campaign, then select your targeting settings. If you don’t have an AdWords account, you can sign up and create your first video campaign at https://adwords.google.com/video.