digital marketing job in Chandigarh
digital marketing job in Chandigarh – Digital Marketing is a booming career option today. With striking features like cost-effectiveness, instant response, flexibility, convenience, effectiveness, Digital Marketing is making a strong impact in the world of Marketing and Advertising. Especially, the start-ups prefer going digital to market their brand, products and services. Today ‘Digital Marketing’ and ‘Marketing’ both are becoming synonymous.
Table of Contents
Digital Marketing Job Description
A digital marketing professional, or Internet marketing specialist, is often responsible for developing the strategy used in marketing a company’s product online, utilizing such techniques in the field as social media, Web analytics, e-mail marketing and search engine optimization, among others. They may put together various online promotions and e-mailing campaigns to get their company’s message out, as well as perform consumer research to discover other ways of reaching customers via the Internet. Other possible job titles for professionals in the field of digital marketing include digital sales executive, SEO marketer and online marketing manager, to name a few. December job listings onCareerBuilder.com, for example, list direct response letters, dedicated e-mail sales and interactive advertising among some of the responsibilities of a digital sales executive.
SEO marketers are required to translate business goals into successful SEO campaigns, analyze the performance of SEO efforts and help clients’ increase search engine rankings for their websites, according to November 2010 job postings on CareerBuilder.com.
Digital marketing professionals in positions of leadership, such as manager or director, will oversee Internet marketing campaigns from program management to execution. They are usually required to provide clear direction to the other members of the marketing team, such as the copywriter, web designer and sales executives.
The education required for a career in the digital marketing field will vary, depending on the position. Generally, earning a bachelor’s degree in Internet marketing, or a related area, is a good start. Students in this program compare traditional marketing to Internet marketing. They also study the basics of search engine marketing, SEO, pay-per-click advertising, budget management and web analytics. Graduation from this program can lead to a career as a digital marketing specialist, SEO specialist or digital sales executive.
Requirements of the role
- Bachelor degree in Marketing.
- Qualified member of the CIM or equivalent.
- Experience managing PPC, SEO and Affiliate programmes.
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Experience in ecommerce, SEO, PPC, Email marketing, and social media.
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role.
Aspiring managers or directors in the digital marketing field will usually need a master’s degree. Master’s programs are available in digital marketing or in integrated marketing with a digital marketing concentration. Certificate programs are also available for graduates with a master’s degree in general marketing.
Besides general marketing class topics, such as finance, campaign management and strategic marketing students study Internet product branding, website usability, blogs, SEO, Web analytics, viral marketing and affiliate marketing, among other topics.
In June 2014, reported a 10th-90th percentile salary range of $28,487-$59,977 for Internet marketing specialists. Salaries for online marketing managers fell into a range of $38,596-$94,663 for the same percentile range, according to the same source.
Duties of the Digital Marketing Manager:
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
- Tracking conversion rates and making improvements to the website.
- Developing and managing digital marketing campaigns
- Utilising a range of techniques including paid search, SEO and PPC.
- Overseeing the social media strategy for the company.
- Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
- Managing the redesign of the company website.
- Improving the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website
- Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
- Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.